Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sing-Off 2 Round 2 airs tonight!

Tonight at 8 PM, Round 2 of the Sing-Off airs on NBC (Channel 4 or 1020 HD here in Orlando on Brighthouse Cable). I look forward to being thoroughly impressed and entertained. The show is hosted by Nick Lachey and judged by pianist singer/songwriter Ben Folds, singer Shawn Stockman of Boyz II Men, and performer Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls.

Judge Ben Fold's blog -- On Key
After I'd already posted my own take after watching Round 1 of the Sing-Off (which aired on NBC on Monday, Dec. 6, 2010), I discovered that my favorite judge, Ben Folds, had also posted his own synopsis in his blog on NBC.com, titled "On Key." If you have the time, please read it in its entirety. It's an interesting intellectual evaluation of the various acts written in the perspective of someone who is not only experienced, but also well-educated in music theory. I assume that he wrote this after judging Round 1, but before judging Round 2, which of course would have tainted his "first impressions."

Keeping Secrets
It must have been incredibly difficult for the various acts to keep the news about whether or not they had proceeded to the next round or not a secret. After the Round 1 winners were announced, a huge plethora of twitter messages, youtube posts, facebook messages, and other media flooded the internet yesterday. I must applaud all of the competitors for doing such an excellent job keeping this information under wraps. This is just another lesson of show business -- knowing when you can make announcements and having the self-restraint to hold it in. I think I speak for everyone when I say how much we appreciate the competitors for not spoiling the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your opinion?